Hearts@work foundation is the CSR / Social Responsibility / Community Welfare initiative of Zenitex. Zenitex Mill Pvt. Ltd. a job based textile dyeing and processing unit - an SME situated in Surat, Gujarat. Being an SME, CSR / Social Responsibility / Community Welfare are not mandatory for Zenitex. However, the philosophy that we adhere to, i.e. "A Business That Makes Nothing But Money Is A Poor Business", imbibes in us our responsibilities towards the society in which live and as our CEO Mr. Viral Desai, puts it "Whatever we do, be it Business or Social Service. We do it with our hearts" and this feeling of love and giving has given birth to our Social Responsibility / Community Welfare initiative named "Hearts@work Foundation".
All the activities which have been undertaken at Hearts@work have been executed with the vision of implementing 360 degree sustainability by Zenitex. This approach is defined in detail below.
Sustainability is becoming the key driver for all innovations. Sustainability offers two-fold benefits for, businesses and consumers. Most of the Global Corporates and Multinationals believe that sustainability will be critical for the future success of business. We need to shape consumer tastes and build stronger market for sustainable products. We need to train the employees regarding sustainability issues, and communicate with our investors to create a better understanding of its impact.
When, Zenitex won the 'National Energy Conservation Award' and 'States Best Industry for Quality & Environmental Protection Awards'. We were incredibly motivated and inspired to go beyond mandatory parameters and create new benchmarks in terms of sustainability and productivity. Hence we proudly introduced and implemented the 360 degree sustainability model at Zenitex.
We believe Sustainable production and processing can help raise the living conditions of labourers and mitigate the negative impacts on the environment. Social conditions can be improved by implementing international standards and through learning mechanism. Sustainable programmes at Zenitex works to improve labour conditions and reduce environmental pollution.
For better clarity vision and understanding for managing sustainability we follow a unique chart.
Main Area of focus.
- Ensure worker's safety, EHS standards in the plant. Health, wellness and welfare of workers and their families.
- Minimize air, water & land pollution. Optimize resources, energy, water, chemicals, which sums up for Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection. And also ensure consumer safety & satisfaction.
- Green Cover Plantation on the campus and outside.
- Social Responsibility / Community Welfare.
Vision and Agenda :
- Concerns and targets in terms of Sustainability
- Indigenous manufacturing of energy efficient and energy conserving machines.
- Value of water sustainability investments facilitated.
- Product & process development that enable us to conserve resources.
- Being constantly active in Social Responsibility / Community Welfare activities.
- Relentlessly keep on planting trees and plants throughout our campus and throughout urban landscape wherever space isavailable for plantations. Horizontal space being a scarcity in the city, we are creating vertical gardens on our campus and we aim to make our campus the greenest SME campus in India.
- To implement Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection themes in any of our new projects / infrastructure to save energy and save trees.
- To involve youth / students by providing vocational training included in their syllabus and thus also empowering them and educating them on the vital issues of Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection and indoctrinate in them the passion for Green Cover and Green Energy for a Green Future.
Achieving a greater level of sustainability takes time, effort, and sincere commitment. At Zenitex we have tried to initiate sustainable development and Social Responsibility / Community Welfare practices at all levels of the organization. We understand the importance of preserving the only planet we have, and are pleased to celebrate its diversity.
We, at Hearts@Work Foundation along with Zenitex, lead from the front in contributing to the harmonious and sustainable development of the society and Mother Nature through all our business activities that are carried out in our organization.
Zenitex complies with rules and regulations set by the Government of India and aim for growth in harmony with the environmental protection and energy conservation.
We strive to develop, establish and promote technologies enabling the environment and economy to coexist harmoniously and to build close and cooperative relationships with a wide spectrum of individuals and organizations involved in environmental preservation. We constantly search for safer, cleaner and superior technology that satisfies the evolving needs of society for sustainability.
Deep commitment from Zenitex towards Hearts@work reflects their desire to play a part in building a safe and sustainable world for future generations. Zenitex believes that "ALL THE SPECIES HAVE THE RIGHT TO UNPOLLUTED AIR, WATER AND SOILS, IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN THE HEALTH OF THE ECOSYSTEM". The long term goal of Zenitex is environmental protection, which can be completely achieved in part through pollution prevention.