BIKERS RALLY – QUIT TOBACCO CAMPAIGN – MAY 2009
- Bikers Rally was organized in Surat to make people aware for the "Quit Tobacco Campaign" the next day.
- More than 100 bikes participated
- Students from Ashram were brought in by Hearts@work to participate in the rally.
- 91.1 FM Radio City, supported this drive and covered this event on radio.
- More than 5000 people participated on 2 consecutive days of these rallies. Women were dressed in traditional dresses.
- NGO "Parivartan Vyasan Mukti Kendra" and Bharat Cancer Hospital also participated in this rally
In May 2009 Hearts@work foundation the Zenitex initiative, exclusively, supported and organized the Biker's Rally on day one to create awareness for the "Quit Tobacco Campaign" rally the next day. Due to the high margin of migratory workers working in and on the outskirts of Surat in factories and mills, and their loneliness without their families and kids, make them vulnerable to this vice of tobacco, as it gives them a temporary kick and in time they become addicted to it and many of them in the long run get diagnosed of life ruining oral cancer / mouth cancer. To spread the Awareness about the same, this Quit Tobacco Campaign was organized. More than 5000 people participated on two days.
Memorable Moment #1
At 8:00pm on the eve of the rally, the person in-charge of transportation of the kids from the Pramukh Swami Ashram to Surat, called up and informed that he will not be able to give his services for next day's rally. This was a shock for the organizers, as now at that time, how to arrange for transportation of around 500 kids from the Ashram to Surat early in the morning. Somehow, by late night they were finally able to arrange for the transportation of the kids from the Ashram to Surat and Return.
Memorable Moment #2
People promised to participate the next day of bike rally in the main rally saying that this is the first time somebody is making an effort at this scale and spreading an awareness of a rally which is for awareness for quitting vices.